Search this Topic:
Feb 10 16 2:56 PM
Feb 10 16 7:58 PM
Feb 11 16 7:42 AM
Feb 11 16 9:25 AM
Feb 17 16 5:33 PM
Feb 28 16 4:41 AM
Feb 28 16 11:20 PM
Feb 29 16 7:40 AM
Here is the line-up of what I have so far. All of these molds are completed and I'm working on the PDF files, photos and information that will go on the "molds available" page. The new molds are:
224 - Wooden Panel mold
225 - Half Timber mold
251 - Stucco Panel mold
252 - Rubble Panel mold
259 - Rubble Bridge mold
I've reworked the colors on the plaster panels. I'm calling them the stucco panels now because I thought that "plaster panels" was a bit too generic.
I thought this color combination looked a lot better. For the stucco panels I painted them using the lightest of the earth tone colors (cream) and dry brushed it with white. The beams were all spray painted black (separately) and then dry brushed with the medium earth tone color (pumpkin pie). This was made using molds #251 and #225.
This was made using wood panel mold #224 with the half timber mold #225 on top. It was all glued together first, then spray painted black. Then it was dry brushed with the medium earth tone color (pumpkin pie) and I finished with a light dry brush of the lightest gray from the castle gray colors. This last dry brushing greyed it up nicely and added some needed contrast.
Here is a sample of the rubble panel mold #252 with the half timber mold #225 on top of it. Oddly enough, I used the exact same paint colors on both the rock and the beams - just applied a little differently.
The stone panels were assembled and painted first. They were spray painted black, heavily dry brushed in medium earth (pumpkin pie) then dry brushed in the lightest gray of the castle gray colors with medium pressure.
The beams were painted separately by spray painting them black, dry brushing them (medium pressure) with the same medium earth tone color. After they were glued on I lightly brushed them with the lightest castle gray color to gray them up slightly. Even though both use the exact same paint colors, the beams look much more brown.
Finally, here's the rubble bridge mold #259. The floor of the bridge uses the wooden panel mold #224. The sole purpose of the bridge mold is to add a variety of arches to the rubble mold line. This mold mainly consists of four different arches, railings and a few basic blocks.
The construction photos are all done so I need to just sit down and write the web page instructions for it.
Here's a photo of the revised paint job. On the first bridge (above this one), I used a mix of gray and brown for all of the coats of paint from dark to light. In the second photo, I spray painted the stone black, gave it a coat of medium earth color (pumpkin pie) and finally dry brushed the lightest gray from the castle gray color - the exact same combination as shown on the rubble panel mold (third photo from the top). I like the second paint job better because 1) it has a greater variety of color and 2) it uses paint colors I already have without having to mix anything new.
I'm waiting to make the half timber building instructions pages (and projects) until I finish the last two molds which will be a decorative window mold and a large beam mold. The decorative window mold will have various windows and decorative wooden bits. The trick is to dress up the windows in such a way as to not notice they are all fitting into the 1" grid system.
The large beam mold will be used to make open wooden structures such as stables or work areas such as a blacksmith shop. I image it will be a fairly simple mold but I also want to use it for wooden outcroppings on houses, decks and such.
Anyway, that's where I'm at so far.
Feb 29 16 1:02 PM
Feb 29 16 3:06 PM
Feb 29 16 11:34 PM
Mar 1 16 10:22 PM
Mar 5 16 12:45 PM
Mar 6 16 6:51 PM
Mar 6 16 7:56 PM
Mar 7 16 4:03 AM
Mar 7 16 2:41 PM
Mar 9 16 8:28 AM
Mar 13 16 6:16 AM
Mar 25 16 5:41 PM
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.